Growing minds and imaginations
School Vision Statement
- The Jefferson Regional Spectrum Center was established to support students clinically diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, as well as their families.
- The Jefferson Regional Spectrum Center is dedicated to providing the highest quality education and support to children and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Highly qualified/licensed teachers and specialists staff the Center.
- Best practice indicates that Early Intervention and ongoing specialized education/therapy services are the key to maximizing student potential
We, at the School of Bright Promise and the Jefferson Regional Spectrum Center are committed to empowering and supporting students by meeting their individual needs to encourage and support their full potential. Students will demonstrate self-reliance and respectful citizenship skills; and they will contribute to their community by working with parents and teachers to become productive members of society.
School Mission Statement:
The mission of the School of Bright Promise and the Jefferson Regional Spectrum Center is “all students can achieve”, therefore, we are committed to identifying and meeting the diverse needs of each student through individualized educational programming. All students are empowered to reach their individual potential, and will be provided with an educational foundation that enables students to have the ability to think, communicate, create and apply their learning experiences and become lifelong learners.
The Spectrum Center is a coalition including:
- Buckeye Local
- Edison Local
- Harrison Hills
- Indian Creek Local
- Jefferson County ESC
- Jefferson County DD
- Steubenville City
- Toronto City
Wrap Around and Related Services
- Applied Behavorial Analysis (ABA)
- The Teaching and Educating Autistic and Communicatively Handicapped Children (TEACCH) philosophy
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and other total communication programs
- Sensory Integration Room
- Functional life skills including domestic/recreational leisure, vocational, and community
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nursing Services
- Sensory Integration
- Speech Therapy
- Transportation for Jefferson County residents
- Behavorial Therapy
- Daily living skills integration
- Adaptive Physical Education and Aquatics Program
- Special Olympics
- Prevoactional/Community-Based Training Programs
- Community employment opportunities
- Our staff provides an interactive curriculum and wrap-around services by clinicians trained in a variety of modalities.
- The Jefferson Regional Spectrum Center utilizesa varity of instructional methods to meet student needs. Students recieve individual instruction designed and implemented through the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP), developed with family input.
- The term “special education” refers to specially designed instruction that meets the unique needs of shildren with disabilities. The curriculum uses evidence- based practices.
Participating Districts and District Representatives
- Transition services/home school are supported by social educators.
- Dietary consultation is provided.
- Parent education/support